Here are two multi-cultural units for picture books that will be fun and informative for your students!
Ruth and the Green Book presents historical fiction set in the 1950s when it was difficult for African Americans to find lodging, food, and gas while they traveled.
The Kids Wings unit includes:
- Discussion Cards
- Multiple Choice Comprehension
- Crossword Puzzle
- Changing Feelings in the Story
- A Deep Discussion after reading
- Comparing Three African American Picture Books
- Researching a Civil Rights Leaders
- Answer Page
Also in the Zip file is a 4-page unit for Under the Mambo Moon, a picture book in blank verse about the music and dance from Latin America.